If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions and would like to find out how Catalyst for Growth could help your business, please contact email@example.com
✔ Is your company based in the North West of England?
✔ Does your company operate in the chemical sector?
✔ Do you have a business plan or an idea to expand or invest which will create or safeguard jobs?
✔ Do you require grant funding for:
- capital expenditure for new premises, expansion or adaptation
- purchase of plant and machinery; Infrastructure
- associated costs for expansion such as investment in new technologies, systems and software
- associated training
- and/or aspects of experimental research and development to create new applications or prototypes
✔ Does your company have funds of its own to invest in the project?
This can include company funds, bank loans, private investment.
Catalyst for Growth welcomes applications for capital expenditure grants from eligible chemical sector businesses based within the five Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) areas of the North West: Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and the Liverpool City Region.
Potential applicants from any surrounding LEP areas may be considered, however companies based or registered outside of England unfortunately cannot be supported under the Government’s RGF Programme. Successful applications must demonstrate the following:
• Direct job creation or safeguarding
• Expenditure on capital assets/ /Productive Investment and training
• A clearly argued reason for needing grant support
• Secure private sector funding for the project
• No signs of financial distress, only viable businesses will be supported
• Compliance to State Aid regulations
The Programme Delivery Team (comprising the UoC, NwUEU and C-Tech) will ensure that funding is used to support eligible projects where the minimum intervention necessary will facilitate:
• a significant increase in the size/scope of the activity, particularly, employment impacts
• a significant increase in the amount of private sector investment in the activity
• a significant increase in the speed at which the activity can take place; or
• activity in the programme geographical area that would not otherwise take place
State aid restrictions will apply depending on the nature of the project. For more information, please refer to the Catalyst for Growth guidance.
Collaborative applications for funding are welcomed and the University of Chester’s Thornton Science Park is available to be used by beneficiaries. If a number of applicants request support for the same or similar equipment or facilities, they may be encouraged to submit a joint application, which could potentially be hosted at Thornton Science Park. If you would like to discuss a collaborative initiative, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The amount of funding available to businesses through Catalyst for Growth will vary depending on the specific nature of each proposal and factors such as the size of applicant business, nature of expenditure and expected job impact and leverage generated.
Overall the programme is looking to ensure it maintains an approximate investment ratio of 1:4, so that for every £1 of Regional Growth Fund investment, applicants should ideally contribute at least a further £4 towards their project.
Grants are also subject to State Aid Regulations which will affect the level of grant assistance available to businesses. Advice on the amount of potential funding available to your business will be given on a case by case basis.
The table below provides approximate funding values/percentages for projects depending on the size of applicant business and nature of the project based on current state aid guidance which is subject to change. This information should be used as a guideline only and the programme’s Investment Panel reserves the right to offer lower levels of funding if it sees fit.
* For collaborative R&D ventures.
Preference will be given to applications that demonstrate the greatest contribution to the required outcomes of the project.